As experienced travellers, we guarantee a wow effect on all fronts! This is the first of our programmes that doesn't involve winter and snow at all - which is why you should pay attention to it. There are at least two reasons to go right now - the unspoilt nature and the genuine hospitality of the locals, not yet spoilt by the flow of tourists.
Arrival in Makhachkala. Check in to hotel, rest. A walk around the city, coffee with a view of the sea. In the evening go to Georgian restaurant, get acquainted with participants.
Breakfast, transfer to the first village. Short essay about Caucasian war and its final point - Gunib village. Lunch in cafe, check-in at hotel. Excursion to Chokh village, walking around. Dinner at local people.
Breakfast at hotel, drive to the abandoned village. If the weather is good we take food with us and spend the whole day there. Back to Gunib, dinner, rest.
Breakfast at hotel, drive to the gorge with waterfall.
Day of optional excursions + looking at the weather.
Arrival in Derbent, excursion, dinner in old town.
Arrival in Makhachkala, lunch in restaurant, flight to Moscow
Programme option with a visit to Prielbrusie and arrival/departure from Mineralnye Vody.
- Incredibly beautiful places, even through the eyes of seasoned travellers.
- A great historical footprint.
- Twice the Caspian Sea, with a trip through mountainous Dagestan in between.
- Delicious cuisine, not just "food", which has many differences from standard "Caucasus food".
- Overnight stays in proven hotels.
- Cities, villages, abandoned settlements, parts of Silk Road, Wonders of nature, real flight of Soviet engineering in the mountains - hydroelectric power stations, canyons, canyons, waterfalls etc.
- Rock carvings, cities first mentioned in the 5th century BC.
- Eagles, at arm's length.
- Good company, however, this has long been the norm in our case.
Suitable for anyone, no skills required. A camera or drone is desirable. We've found the perfect photo shoot locations!
On request written or verbal description of the programme by day, prices, details etc.